As the nose is the central and most prominent focal feature on the face, its size and shape play a critical role in how we look—and how we feel about the way we look. For decades, surgical rhinoplasty—with the attendant pain, risk of side effects (including scarring, a permanently misshapen nose or difficulty breathing, which cannot even be properly assessed until the swelling goes down) and a lengthy recovery—was the only way to correct problems, such as:
- A bump in the bridge of the nose.
- A crease or dent at the end of the nose.
- Natural or post rhinoplasty asymmetry.
- A drooping tip.
- “Ski-jump” nose (a dip in the bridge, leading to a flared end).
- Lack of proportion, in relation to the size of other facial features.
- Straighten a slightly crooked nose.
- Build up a small nose and /or give more height and definition.
- Refine a nose after a surgical rhinoplasty operation.
All this changed with the advent of a non-surgical alternative. Dr. Kaado performs among the best results in a non-surgical rhinoplasty Virginia Beach has to offer.
What is the procedure for non-surgical rhinoplasty?
Nicknamed “the 15-minute nose job,” and also known as "liquid rhinoplasty" it might seem as if it were a simple treatment. In one way, it is.
The actual steps include:
- A consultation with your physician.
- Targeting of the areas that are to be fixed.
- Selection of the filler to be used.
- Application of a numbing cream to reduce discomfort.
- A 15-minute wait for the cream to take effect.
- Application of an ice pack to cool the skin, which also reduces discomfort as well as the chance of bruising.
- An injection precisely delivered into one of the sites chosen.
- Application of gentle pressure on the newly injected site to contour and mold the filler.
- A repeat of the previous two steps for each injection site.
The entire injection and massage process often takes as little as five minutes. However, real expertise and an aesthetic eye are needed to achieve the sought-after results.
Is there any recovery or downtime with non-surgical rhinoplasty?
There are a few recommendations that you should follow for optimum, long-term results, but no real recovery or downtime.
These include the following:
- Any filler will be somewhat malleable for a few days after the procedure and susceptible to deformation. To avoid this problem, do not wear heavy glasses or sunglasses for a week after the procedure.
- There may be some slight bruising, but nothing that would keep you from your daily activities.
- Although there are no “written-in-stone” restrictions, you might consider waiting a day before resuming strenuous activities.
- Refrain from drinking more than one glass of wine on the evening of the day you have the procedure and do not take any aspirin or ibuprofen for 24 hours after the procedure, as any of these may interfere with blood clotting.
For the best results in a non-surgical rhinoplasty Virginia Beach has to offer, you will, of course be given detailed information about the procedure and instructions for aftercare, but they are not much more complicated than stated above. Essentially, you can resume life as the “new you” virtually immediately.
Before and After
How long do results last?
Depending on the filler chosen and how quickly your body metabolizes it, results can last from nine months to a year. Dr. Kaado always recommends a subtle approach to create a natural looking reshaped nose. You can always build on the effect with subsequent treatments, which will be tailored at every visit so that the desired nose shape is achieved in a soft and subtle way.
How soon will I notice results?
You should be able to spot an immediate difference to the shape of your nose. To Learn more about our liquid rhinoplasty in Virginia Beach, contact us today and schedule a consultation.
Schedule a consultation with us, and discover a clinic where achieving true beauty defines how we perform every treatment.
Mon - Sat: 10am - 7pm
1860 Laskin Road Suite 110, Virginia Beach, VA 23454
* $75 consultation fees for butt augmentation, bodytite, vaser liposuction and high definition liposuction.
If patient decides to go ahead with the treatment, that $75 will be credited towards the procedure.