What is Liposuction?
There are various forms of liposuction available to men and women seeking to reduce areas of unwanted fat. During the procedure, a mixture of saline, epinephrine to minimize bleeding, and lidocaine to numb the region on which the procedure is being performed, is injected into the area. Fat deposits are then suctioned out of the body to sculpt and trim the figure.
What are the Types of Liposuction?
- Power assisted liposuction, or PAL, uses a slim cylindrical tube to suction away fat. The tube delicately vibrates to aid in breaking up the fat deposits, so they may more easily be suctioned from the body.
- Tumescent liposuction
What are the Benefits of Liposuction?
When combined with proper diet and exercise, liposuction can offer a great many benefits for men and women seeking to reduce unsightly fat deposits in certain areas of the body.
The benefits include:
- It is an alternative to more invasive surgical procedures by removing unwanted fat from areas such as the neck and chin, abdomen, thighs, or male breasts without incurring unsightly scars.
- It can restore symmetry and a more sculpted look to your overall body shape and size.
- It can enhance the effects of a facelift by removing pockets of excess fat in the face, chin, and neck.
- It can enhance your diet and exercise program by removing stubborn areas of fat that are unresponsive to all your efforts.
It's important to remember that liposuction does not replace living a healthy lifestyle. Combining liposuction with a balanced diet and regular exercise program and help you restore your body to a more desirable shape and figure.
What is the Average Cost of Liposuction?
The overall cost of your liposuction procedure can depend on several factors, including the number of areas treated, the amount of fat that needs to be removed and whether your liposuction procedure is combined with other treatments. In some cases, the fat removed during liposuction can be purified and injected into other areas of the body such as the face and breasts. This is just one example of the type of procedure you may choose to undergo at the same time as your liposuction treatment.
What Can I Expect During Recovery from Liposuction?
Once Dr. Kaado has performed your liposuction procedure, it is important that you wear compression garments for the recommended period of time following the procedure. This will aid your body to reduce swelling and enhance the new contours of your body as it heals.
The treated areas of your body will be swollen and bruised following liposuction in Virginia Beach. This is completely normal! The majority of sensitivity experienced will disappear within 48 to 72 hours, and most of your bruising will disappear within two weeks. Many patients are ready to resume many activities, including returning to work, three to five days following the procedure. Listen to your body. It will tell you what it is ready to do.
Once your swelling has gone down, you will notice your new body has the curves you desire rather than excess bulges. Liposuction is second to none when is comes to fat reduction. Contact us today to schedule your free appointment.
How Long Do the Effects of Liposuction Last?
The long-term success of your liposuction procedure is largely in your hands. If you follow a sensible diet and exercise program, the results of your newly performed liposuction may last indefinitely. Your trim, sculpted body will best be maintained through properly managing your calorie consumption daily and your level of activity. It is up to you to ensure that you continue to make the healthy choices that your body needs to maintain a sleek, sculpted physique.
During your one-on-one consultation with Dr. Kaado, he will discuss the options best suited for you when seeking body contouring and liposuction in Virginia Beach. He will also speak with you about what results you can reasonably expect from liposuction, and what you can achieve with this procedure. Dr. Kaado's ultimate goal is to ensure you're happy with the results you can achieve, and fully enjoy the experience of finally having a trimmer, more attractive body contour.
Is it safe?
Liposuction, when performed by a board-certified MD who uses advanced liposuction techniques, it is a safe procedure. It carries minimal risks when performed correctly and is should only be performed by a very knowledgeable practitioner. You can trust your treatment to Dr. Kaado and the professionals at his private luxury clinic in Virginia Beach.
Are there any side effects?
Some of the side effects and risks from liposuction include:
- Bleeding, swelling, and bruising
- Uneven contouring and lumpiness beneath the skin
- Potential for blood clots or embolism
- Persistent numbness in the treated area
- Potential for infection
What areas can be treated?
Most areas on your body can be treated with liposuction but the most common areas include the abdomen, face, neck, back, and thighs, and buttocks.
Does liposuction help with weight loss?
Liposuction is not intended as a weight loss treatment and should not be considered for that purpose. Liposuction is used for body contouring to trim away excess fat that diet and exercise can’t reduce, as a body sculpting technique. Liposuction is appropriate when for those who are already within range of an ideal weight and have kept it stable for several months, at least.
What if I gain weight after treatment?
If you gain weight after liposuction, the remaining fat cells in your body will swell, with less fat developing in the area treated by liposuction. If your weight gain continues, the areas treated will gain volume as well, as not all fat cells are removed with the procedure. Weight gain will compromise the results of your liposuction treatment.
Will I have loose skin?
There is the potential for loose skin after liposuction depending the quantity of fat removed and the laxity of your skin. Because you are removing fat deposits in a single treatment, instead of over the course of months or years with gradual weight loss, the skin may take longer to tighten than it does if you lost the weight gradually. You may require a skin tightening procedure to enhance your results.
Who is a candidate for liposuction?
Candidates for liposuction are healthy individuals that are ideally non-smokers and are within range of an ideal weight. Candidates should be able to show that they can maintain a healthy weight for a period of time.
Will there be any scarring?
The scarring will be minimal and in discreet areas. Liposuction requires tiny incisions in which to insertion of the cannula, which is the hollow device used during the procedure to remove the fatty deposits lingering on your body. The incisions sites do not require stitches and heal to being barely noticeable, if at all. If you wish to learn more, contact us today and schedule a consultation for arguably one of the best treatments of liposuction Virginia Beach has to offer.
Why Choose Dr. Kaado?
- Dr. Kaado has spent many years training in the fields of aesthetics and dermatology with leading experts in plastic surgery, dermatology, and anti-aging.
- Dr. Kaado is fully trained in primary and urgent care so you can feel extremely secure during your liposuction procedure, knowing that you are in expert hands.
- His clientele includes beauty editors, models, high-level executives, and other VIPs that wish to look their absolute best.
- Some of his awards and honors include Top 3 Med Spa in Virginia Beach 2020, Real Self Most Loved injector 2018, Chief Resident, Geisinger Health System and Best of the Beach 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.
* $75 consultation fees for butt augmentation, bodytite, qwo, vaser liposuction and high definition liposuction.
If patient decides to go ahead with the treatment, that $75 will be credited towards the procedure.